MeL Catalog (MelCat)
If you can’t find something in Schoolcraft Community Library’s online catalog, you may be able to borrow it from one of 170 plus libraries across the state via MeLCat.
The MeL Catalog (MeLCat) includes most items held in participating libraries – millions of books, CD’s DVD’s, musical scores, manuscripts, and many other materials.
Here’s how to place an interloan request via MeLCat:
- Go to www.mel.org and click on the MeLCat link.
- Search by author, title or keyword, then click on the “Find It” button.
- When the desired title is found, click on the “Get This For Me” button.
- The next screen will read “Which library card/account do you want to use?” Choose Schoolcraft Community Library from the drop-down menu.
- The next screen will read “Login with Library Account Information.” Enter your first and last name and library card number and click the “Submit” button.
- You should see a message that the request was successful.
- You will be contacted via phone or email when the item arrives at the library.
- You may pick the item(s) up at the circulation desk.